Thursday, December 2, 2010

BOOK REVIEW #1

Violet on the Runway (Violet, #1)
by Melissa C. Walker (Goodreads Author)
4297733
Osanna's review
Dec 02, 10  · 

status: Read in January, 2009

Dear Reader,

Violet on the Runway is a book I would recommend to anybody. Reading the first book, and then continuing to read the rest of the series really must tell you that these books by Melissa C. Walker are very interesting. Out of five stars, I would rate this book a four and a half. For the most part, it held my attention and kept me interested. And you must read this book if you feel as though you have dreams you'd like to acomplish. You could really connect with Violet.
"You are beautiful and confident and wise. You handle all things with finesse and aplomb."
That quote was on the first page of the book, and I can say that's what really snagged my attention. This had much significance to the book. They were talking about how your beautiful no matter what, and it's possible to do anything. So I knew this book was about a girl's dreams, and I really wanted to read it. Showing that I had dreams of my own to be destined what I was made to be, I felt as if I could have a look inside someone else's life with dreams that are hard to accomplish, I could realize I'm not on my own.
A reason to read this book is if you like books where the character is a big dreamer, someone who wants to achieve. And if you are the type of person who has those dreams where they strive for greatness, and success.
Another reason to read Violet on the Runway is because it keeps you entertained and attentive. It really is an attention-snagger. Personally, I love to read books about how the girl is in love, but she has to move away to try to achieve a goal, and while she's away some other girl snags the boy that she loved, and everything is messed up. So, if you're anything like me, you'd enjoy this book. I admit, their are a few pages that aren't that entertaining, but other wise, it's worth it.
If I were you, I would put Violet on the Runway as a MUST read book. It shows that you can achieve any dream when you put your mind to it, and that anything is possible as long as your heart is in it. It's also entertaining and keeps hold on your attention. So go and add this book to your must read list!

No comments:

Post a Comment